27 Sept 2015

Review: The Last Light Falling: The Covenant

The Last Light Falling: The Covenant by J.E. Plemons was the first religious book I've ever read because I don't belong in any religion. Still I thought to give it a chance. I have to say that I actually liked the book aside from its faults.

First irritating fault it had was the narrating. I didn't like it at most parts and some parts it made me despise the whole book. The usage of the word 'we' and the repeatance in sentences really annoyed me. Also the descrptive parts were too muted for my liking, but I don't say it as a definite bad quality.
Also the muting in battle scenes was really frustrating! The scenes were so good, so why were muted? A bit more feeling and actual describing of  what happens because now the author has them cut short and suddenly you're reading the aftermath of the situation.

 The thing I relly liked in the book, was its speed. It was really fast spaced and you didn't have to wait for long for something to happen!

The characters were really good suited for the subject but they weren't properly introduced to the reader. The info given at the beginning was scarce and kind of useless. The reader has to make up a lot to even get proper looks for the characters. But still they were likable.

I would recommend this book, if you are even a bit religious person and like Young Adult Dystopian novels.

Summary:
★★★☆☆
Positive: Plot, speed
Negative: Narrating

No comments:

Post a Comment