3 Sept 2015

August Wrap-Up!

My August TBR didn't exactly turn out successful...

From my original idea to read Outlander, Mark of Athena, House of Hades, Blood of Olympus, Torn, Switched and Ascend, so seven books.

In the end I only completed Outlander from that list. But still read many books! I was deeply affected by my reading slump that happenend during August, but luckily Fangirl saved me.

I also started the Vampire Academy series and got almost through it. I found time to read the first 4 of them and started the 5th one.

Faerie Guardian and Never Never part two, which I bought for my Kindle app, I read faster than I have ever read. Okay, both are not long books, but still really good!

If you are a Finn or if you want to know a bit more about the cryptic people from the land of Santa, Xenophobe's Guide to the Finns is the book for you. It describes honestly and hilariously who the Finns are, their ways and weird manners. As a Finn, I can confirm that the book doesn't lie, it's all true.

I read the Fifty Shades -trilogy few years ago and I was really curiuos about Grey. Always when an author publishes the same book from a different POV is really interesting. And though many people have said that Grey is the same as Fifty Shades of Grey but I think it's not entirely true. Grey really gives us an insight to Christian's head. Though in some parts the books is a bit messy and confusing, I actually liked it.

While tyring to get out of my reading slump, I decided to read Passion, but it didn't work. Not. At. All. I don't know why I thought it would, I didn't even like the first two in the series, so why would the third one lift me up from the history's worst condition? Silly me...


Wrap-up:

Fangirl  ★★★★★
Outlander  ★★★★★
Grey  ★★★★
Never Never part two ★★★★★
Faerie Guardian ★★★
Xenophobe's Guide to the Finns  ★★★★★
Passion  ★
Vampire Academy  ★★★
Frostbite  ★★★
Shadow Kiss ★★★★
Blood Promise  ★★★★

Stars are from my Goodreads ratings.

No comments:

Post a Comment