17 May 2019

Review: Under the Scrubs



★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆


From Goodreads:
My life is ordinary, steady, predictable. And I’m okay with that. Working long shifts at the hospital is all the excitement I need.

But when a simple rescue-attempt goes wrong, I find myself in the arms of an arrogant, yet sexy FBI agent.

Kai Evans is what I’d call way out of my league. Yet, we end up dating. Sort of. That’s if you count fast-bike escapes and kissing while bullets fly around us as a date.

While Kai tries to keep me safe and alive, Tyler Moore--an ex FBI agent with a smart mouth--slithers into my life. Turns out, Kai and Taylor have a history. The kind that can’t be erased with a simple handshake.

Now it’s all about settling the score between them, and Taylor has the perfect weapon to use against Kai…

Me.

When you accidentally stick your fingers into something you weren't supposed to you might gain something great, or if things take a turn to the worse, lose it.

Emilia Hughes was the hardest working OB/GYN when Melissa Oliver is wheeled into her life. About to give birth, the business giant's daughter is at the centre of attention from the media, and that's exactly where Emilia ends up unwillingly. Melissa doesn't know how to take care of the baby and Emilia finds herself in the middle of nowhere taking care of the newborn and his unresponsible mother. Add a mysterious man, Kai Evans, into the equation and there are enough ingredients for the drama of the century. 

I had a few problems with the cast of characters in this book. Emilia feels relatable at the beginning, strong and capable woman, but then she turns out to be just one of those love-sick girls we read so often about. She gets her original attitude back a little when nearing the end, but loses it a chapter later. Most of the problem lay in the relationship between her and Kai. They had chemistry but I couldn't see them together in the long run at all. 

The plot itself is full of action. Emilia trying to save Melissa from herself and help her relay messages and participate in her secret mission. Then there are the lies Kai obviously tells Emilia and the big revealing of the truth which is a little anticlimactic in my opinion.

I read Under the Scrubs in just a few sittings, the text flows in front of your eyes and it's easy to read, no overly complicated plot-twists or anything in sight. As an easy weekend read, this book is a perfect candidate. 

No comments:

Post a Comment