30 Apr 2018

April Wrap-Up & May TBR


I remember writing in the last Wrap-Up & TBR -post about the beginning of spring and how it's a beautiful time of the year. Guess what. It started snowing the next day. And that day was the April Fool's day. You got me there, Finnish weather, you got me and everyone else in Finland who thought that we were finally getting rid of the winter.

For the month of April, I haven't been reading that much. I read at the beginning of the month and then nearing the end of the month. Somewhere in the middle, I just didn't have the feeling to pick up a book at all. Instead, I turned to the archnemesis of reading: Netflix. I binge-watched Gilmore Girls and The Crown. It's amazing how addicting it is. You know when you watch a series on Netflix and at the end of the episode, there's the 15-second countdown before the next episode begins automatically. Well, I have my laptop connected to the TV (for the larger screen) and when the countdown begins, and I am lying down on the sofa, it is impossible to get to the laptop to press stop before the next episode begins. I tried many times, and then, I just gave up, submitting to the fate of watching until I almost fell asleep.

But you probably came here for the books, not the tragic story of my Netflix addiction, so here they are: The books I managed to read through in the month of April:


Pen & Xander
Laekan Zea Kemp

★★★★★
Review
Goodreads

379 Pages
A Shadow Bright and Burning (Kingdom on Fire #1)
Jessica Cluess

★★★★★
Review
Goodreads

416 Pages
Everlost (Everlasting #3)
Candace Knoebel

★★★★☆
Goodreads

370 Pages



Aftan Whispers (Estalia #2)
Phil Williams

★★☆☆☆
Review
Goodreads 

278 Pages
The Heart of Betrayal (The Remnant Chronicles #2)
Mary E. Pearson

★★★★★
Review
Goodreads

470 Pages


Looking for Dei
David A. Willson

★★☆☆☆
Review
Goodreads

346 Pages
 Rescuing the Prince
Meghann McVey

★★★☆☆
Review
Goodreads

273 Pages


Henderson (Hotel #1)
Ebony Olson

★★★★☆
Goodreads
Review

202 pages



And the page count for the month of April is 2 734!

I didn't read the number of novels I wanted this past month, but I did read some thick books, though. The average page count being 341.75. So, I am satisfied with the result, but in May I will do better. I think I say this in every wrap-up, but next month I will do better.

Speaking of next month, I have some really exciting books waiting. There are books varying in length a lot, the shortest one being Henderson with 202 pages and longest being A Court of Wings and Ruin with  699 pages. Again, I am going with ten books which are:

The Beauty of Darkness, Mary E. Pearson
Henderson, Ebony Olson
Protected, Anna Applegate
A Court of Wings and Ruin, Sarah J. Maas
The Heir of Bluescale, Erin Duffin
TwoSpells, Mark Morrison
My Lady Zane, Steven M. Sullivan
The Last Cleric, Layton Green
The Never Dawn, R. E. Palmer
Onions, Cy Young

I don't want to learn from my past mistakes. In fact, I don't think over-ambitious TBRs are mistakes. They are challenges that I need to overcome. My May resolution (is there such thing?) is to read A Court of Wings and Ruin. Finally. It has been on both March and April TBRs, but I have not yet to read it. But this month, I will read it. Even if I have to stay up all night the last three days of the month, I will do it.

I am leaving for Seoul tomorrow afternoon and I couldn't be more excited! We are there for a day and then fly back, so there's plenty of time to explore the part of the city where our hotel is. 🛪📚🍵

No comments:

Post a Comment