6 Jan 2017

#Would You Rather


First Friday of the year and it's also time for the first Friday post, as promised.

Would you rather was a game we mostly played on Birthdays or other such parties, when I was younger, though the topics usually circled around boys and things too disgusting to eat. Therefore, would I...


1. Rather read only a series or stand-alone books?
Series. Although it pains me to answer this, since some of the best books I've ever read have been stand-alone's. But series, oh, they are something else. Getting to know the characters and their world in the first book. Getting to live through and with them. Getting all the references in the latter part of the series and saying goodbye to them in the end.

2. Rather read a book whose main character is male or female?
I rarely stumble upon a male main character, why is that? Is it just that the genre's I read have typically female leads. So, I'll choose female main characters.

3. Rather shop only at Barnes & Noble (or other actual bookstore) or Amazon?

Actual bookstore! Definitely, absolutely, without any doubt. I get to see and feel the books before buying them. I get to browse the shelves and pick up something entirely different or just stand there and ponder if I can buy a book that already sits on my shelf. Did I already mention that I like to take a whiff of the books I'm buying. Discreetly, but I still smell them before buying. Creepy me.

4. Rather all books become movies or tv shows?

TV Shows. I don't care if they would be mini series with four episodes or six seasons per book, but series either way. Movies have a limited number of minutes and we all know the result of stuffing a five-hundred-page book into two hours.

5. Rather read 5 pages per day or read 5 books per week?

5 books per week. Think about it. Even reading a three-hundred-page book would take you two months, instead of a day or two. Ugh. A book a day keeps dummies away.

6. Rather be a professional book reviewer or an author?
Book reviewer. Although, writing a book of my own would be great but if I'd start writing, then I'd want to become a full-time author, which would take away the possibility to pursue other career options, at least when I would be writing.

7. Rather only read the same 20 books over and over or get to read a new book every 6 months?
I'd choose to read a new book every 6 months and then I could read my old ones over and over again. This way I get new books and still get to reread. Only reading the same 20 for the rest of my life sounds drastic, since then you have no hope of getting any new books. No hope at all. But if I get a new one every 6 months, then there is hope for getting to read the all-time-favourite.

8. Rather be a librarian or own a book store?

Own it. And I'd have a little coffee bar and wifi and comfy chairs and sofas and monthly readathons and and and... You get it...

9. Rather only read your favourite genre or your favourite author?

Genre. There's only so much an author can do. And imagine the pain of choosing your favourite author. Who does that?

10. Rather only read physical books or eBooks?

Physical. I get to smell them. Oh, I'm being creepy again... Sorry. A physical book's battery doesn't run out, you can read it everywhere and it looks better on your bookshelf. Trust me, it's also cheaper to buy physical books than buying new Kindles because you want shelve your read books in an actual bookshelf... Just saying. And the best of all, people tend to bother you less if they see you holding an actual book than just staring at your phone or tablet.


These are my choices. What are yours? Link your #Would You Rather in the comments below and I'll be sure check them out!

No comments:

Post a Comment